Thursday 7 October 2010

Finding your photographer

Its always a bit like a blind date. She says she has long brown hair and I say so do I. We arrange a time and a place to meet, and with this description and a flutter of my heart I arrive. It truly is so exciting to meet my future brides and grooms for the first time.

Yes I will show lots of photographs from recent weddings, will go through the package details, show a sample of the album that I offer but really for me its so important that you get to see me! Because I reckon thats the most important thing when choosing your wedding photographer. Our styles may be different and our packages vary but what is truly unique is the person who will be behind the camera. Will you be comfortable standing in front of them, will you be able to ask all those questions without feeling intimidated, silly or like you are taking up their time and ultimately do they get you as people and a couple. If thats a yes, book them!

So, it was that this week has been filled with seeing (hopefully - cross fingers) my future brides and grooms to be. And with a whoop after chatting weddings, details, ideas for dresses and Cherry gets Married, I was on my way home, with a flutter in my heart and a smile on my face.

Here's a picture from last weeks wedding...the rest to follow in the next couple of weeks, but I love it. Its so evocative. Napkins strewn across the table, drinks on the side half drunk, disco lights being installed, and everyone mingling in the background after their dinner, having a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment