Monday 8 November 2010

Michelle + Pete's English country wedding

There I was standing at the station in the middle of the Surrey countryside. The air was fresh, the sky clear blue with the sun streaming down on me. I hugged myself in optimism for the day that led ahead.

Michelle and Pete met at a family event a few years ago. Although they both noticed each other - you know, when there is someone in the room and you see them and they see you...but somehow they didnt quite get to introduce themselves. Michelle knew she wanted to meet the guy who she had seen but not really spoken to, so when Pete called a few days later and asked her out on a date she didnt hesitate to say yes. That was it. They set up home together with their family. I know that the last year has been tough for them both family wise but it was with grace, determination and love that they celebrated whats most important in life. Making the most of the moment and being with the people you adore.

Michelle and Pete are made for each other. Michelle is GORGEOUS, kind and generous. And when she's with Pete she truly lights up. You can see she feels safe in his company and enjoys breathing the air around him. Pete is made for Michelle. He is the family protector, the decision maker and the one who no matter what, will be with her and have have her back.

Thank you to you both for allowing me the opportunity to photograph your absolutely beautiful and heartfelt wedding. To meet your families, laugh and cry with you and hopefully capture some of the magic that was in the air on your wedding day...and I hope that some of the magic is sprinkled on the rest of your lives together - as you said Pete, its a marriage thats the celebration! x

How gorgeous is Michelle?! This is one of the first pictures I took. As I arrived the girls were sorting out Michelle's tiara.
Love this shot of the flowers. Simple, but shows them off perfectly.

We had a few moments to take some shots just as Michelle had finished getting ready. This is my favourite - a perfect model!

I love this in the moment kind of shot. Michelle is just arriving at the church, framed between the chauffeur and her dad with a breath of wind catching her hair.

I love this too - it I think captures the pure joy of Michelle walking towards the church and Pete.

Here is Pete, watching and waiting for his girl.

During the vows Michelle began to well up, which then caused half the guests to get a little emotional. What struck me was how down to earth it was. A boy telling a girl how much he loved her.
And then the first kiss.

It was great to have their children, Curtis and Phoebe involved too - so when mum and dad walked up the aisle, they did too.

Perfect dappled lighting as I shot this candid picture of Michelle and Pete as the rest of their guests were leaving or had left the Church....a few quiet minutes.

The classic Bentley....and the family.

We escaped for a quiet 15 minutes to take some shots. I love it when my brides and grooms set aside some time for some portraits. Im not too formal, but I think as you are looking your best and have hired a pro photographer, make the most of it and have some gorgeous pictures...and a laugh with each other too.

So romantic - I love Jane Austin and can just imagine that Michelle has just met her Darcy.

Love this pic too - a friend shouted out to Pete as we were taking the shots, and this ended up being one of my favourite. Its impromptu and captures them both in the moment.

The sun just started to come out again as we were wrapping up the pro shot session. You can see the dark clouds framing the Club house as Michelle and Pete are spot lit in the sun.

The flowers were perfect. Modern, romantic with a dash of sparkle. Michelle's florist friend Kerry took care of them all...I loved the extra touches too - with flowers framing the cake in vases, at the entrance to the reception and Phoebe's cute white rose tied with a white ribbon.

Brilliant top to the cake no? I want one of these, I love it. I have no idea where they got it from but Ive seen some similar from Paperchase girlies if you like this too.

The speeches. Here's the deal, when your a photographer this can be a tricky time. Look out for the Exit signs, fire hoses, tall centre decorations, wine bottles, and where the light is coming from. If you can, move things that are in the way beforehand...And for the brides - its the long tables which are the best for photography - see this one above, you get such a fab angle you have six people in the shot.

The reception was at Sutton Green Golf Club and the lighting was fantastic. Yes, its official, I love the spot lights. The create a great light for framing shots and creating a kind of film like quality. Also means that I was able to use less flash and not have so high an ISO.

Awwwrr - how cute is this. Curtis with his little sister.

As you can see, fab lighting in the dancing area too...

The first dance was great. Love seeing everyone gathered around whooping and clapping Michelle and Pete on.

Probably one of my all time favourites. The moment is so strong and powerful.


And the same after the song that Pete sang for Michelle. This moment captures the emotion. What a wonderful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment