Saturday 15 May 2010

Do you love your photographer?

So Im holed up in the Den, coffee on the brew and doing the post production of Annabel and Tom's wedding I shot last week - think strawberry blonde, gorgeous heart shaped dress, laid back atmosphere, reception in the pub and the nicest couple ever!...ooh cant cant wait to share it with you all...next week.

In the meantime, I thought I would share with you some thoughts I had on being a photographer. Yep, its the most amazingly fantastic job - I love it. And I think thats the secret, I really do love what I am doing. I'll spend hours thinking about your wedding, what we can do for some slightly posed shots - pushing the boundaries and thinking what would suit you as a couple. I agonise over what lenses and angles I want to shoot in. I write up a schedule of what you are doing on the day, and meet up with you before hand - usually over a glass of wine to chat about the wedding but also for you to get to know me and for me to get a glimpse of who you are.

Yes finding a photographer that shoots in your style is SOO important, but equally important is to feel comfortable in front of them. In terms of me, I think you have to be relaxed in front of the camera and to do that the photography has to be something that is fun, enjoyable and laid back. I will have a laugh with you and your family and friends, the group shots will be painless (promise - no bossing around or waiting around), and we'll have some fun with the posed shots. And, if your happy and relaxed it absolutely radiates from the photograph, and my job becomes easy in capturing amazingly beautiful photographs of you and those candid moments that happen. So, make sure you love your photographer!

I cant leave without some photographs - here are some I took on midsummers last year - if your relaxed in front of the camera, it suddenly becomes to fun to have photographs taken!

No comments:

Post a Comment