Tuesday 15 December 2009

Spanish Wedding at Almendrillo Villa

I've just got an email from Emma and Mike the owners of a Spanish villa where I was lucky enough to photograph Nik and Lisa's amazing wedding earlier this year....and it got me thinking about it. I remember stepping off the plane and being hit with a hot breeze, scorching sunshine and brightly coloured bougainvillea everywhere. After an hour's drive which ended in a small climbing road bordered with wild poppies and olive trees I arrived to be greeted by a cold beer from the barrel, white-washed walls of the villa, trailing vines and Lisa's laughter coming from the kitchen.

What an amazing couple of days, and a truly beautiful wedding, made all the more so by the little touches - like Lisa's hand-picked bouquet of flowers, beer bottles used as vases, cream-white ribbons everywhere and candles lighting the pathways....although I nearly didnt make it after getting side-tracked taking pictures of the wild poppies as I walked down the hill in the evening after the rehearsal and getting hopelessly lost!!


No comments:

Post a Comment