Wednesday 9 December 2009

Cake

My mum and my Nana both cook alot! And raspberry sponge cake was a favourite when I was growing up. Light sponge in a square tin with an ample dose of raspberries scattered over the top. Fresh from the oven was always best when it was still hot and only just cooked...yum.

This year my brides have been totally unique with their choices of cake and have gone from a three tiered white iced carrot cake (because the lady loves), to individual cup cakes made by the mum (and tested by the brother), to crème brule. Cake to us girls is important...make that very important, although not as important as the photographer (yes I've seen cakes more expensive than me)! And a few tips from me...girls put your hands on top of your husband's - you dont want to have squished hands, try to remember to look at your photographer first (before looking at all the other cameras that suddenly appear) and if you have a tiered cake put the knife in at the bottom tier...oh yes and dont forget to try some yourself.

Here's a photo of a a passion fruit and summer pudding cake you can pick up from Yauatcha which do the most amazing French patisseries packaged in cute little boxes.




No comments:

Post a Comment