Wednesday 3 February 2010

Evening light at Bank

Phew, its been a hectic few days, with an event to photograph on Thursday and then a wedding on Saturday....you'll have to stay tuned for the photographs from Emma and Gen's fabulous wedding - think a light dusting of snow, clear blue skies, sun shining, fairy lights and the most gorgeous bride and trendiest groom ever!

So, whilst Im doing the post production of their photographs I'm going to share a couple of pics I took after the event I photographed as I stepped outside and into an amazing sunset. This is fast becoming a fascination on how to create the perfect exposure for evening shots. Always fab for a wedding, it holds a magical quality as the sun sets and the lights come on. Photography wise its tricky. Unless you have a tripod (which I dont like to cart around) its a question of a long exposure - slow shutter speed (if you can do it 1/8 or 1/13), as high an f number (aperture) as you can go (so f8 upwards if pos) and a very steady hand! I have to bump up the ISO which means a bit of grain, but hells bells, if I can capture the atmosphere thats fine by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment